Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC ("BATO") and its affiliates respect the intellectual property rights of others. In accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512, and related regulations (the “DMCA”), BATO shall handle proper notices of copyright infringement in accordance with this Policy.
1. Notice of Infringement
If you believe that content on Bridgestonetire.com (the “Site”) infringes your copyright rights, please submit a notice of infringement meeting the requirements of the DMCA to BATO’s Designated Copyright Agent at the following address:
Attn: Lynn Hsu
Senior Counsel, Trademark & Copyright
10 East Firestone Blvd.
Akron, OH 44317
Fax: (330) 379-4604
Phone: (330) 379-7000
The DMCA requires that a notice of infringement contain the following elements:
BATO will respond to each proper notice by taking such action as BATO in its sole discretion deems appropriate, including by removing the challenged material from the Site in appropriate circumstances.
- Description of the work you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material you claim to be infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent , or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- The electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner (or a person who otherwise holds an exclusive right to the copyrighted work) or a person authorized to act on its behalf.
2. Repeat infringers
Under appropriate circumstances, it is BATO’s policy to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly accused of infringing the copyrights of others.
3. Fraudulent Submissions
Please note that there may be legal and financial consequences for filling a bad faith or false notice of infringement.